Founded in 1952 by John Clifford Garrett, Garrett intially manufactured all-aluminum aircraft intercooler in the aerospace sector. The story of the turbo begins in 1954, when Garrett's T15 turbo was paired with Caterpillar’s D9 crawler which resulted in Caterpillar ordering 5,000 unites.
Garrett manufactures turbochargers for passenger vehicles, heavy duty vehicles (trucks), agricultural vehicles (tractors) and industrial machines. Today over 100 million vehicles are using Garretts' products.
Dana Automotive Parts is the distributor of Garrett.